L293D Motor Drive Shield For Arduino Duemilanove Mega UNO R3 AVR
- Tested compatible for Arduino Mega, Diecimila & Duemilanove
- No Jitter: 2 interface for 5V Servo connected to For Arduino's high-resolution dedicated timer
- Drives 4 DC motors, 2 stepper motors or 2 Servo motors
- Compatible with 4.5V to 36V DC motors
- 2 external terminal power interfaces, for seperate logic/motor supplies
L293D is a monolithic integrated, high voltage, high current, 4-channel driver. This chip can power DC motors and power supplies up to 25v, can supply a maximum current of 600mA per channel, the L293D chip is also what"s known as a type of H-Bridge. The H-Bridge is typically an electrical circuit that enables a voltage to be applied across a load in either direction to an output, e.g. motor. Features : 2 interface for 5V Servo connected to the Arduino"s high-resolution dedicated timer - no jitter. Can drive 4 DC motors or 2 stepper motors or 2 Servo. Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection. Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping. 4 H-Bridges: per bridge provides 0.6A (1.2A peak current) with thermal protection, can run motors on 4.5V to 25V DC. Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up. 2 external terminal power interface, for separate logic/motor supplies. Tested compatible for Arduino Mega, Diecimila and Duemilanove.